Grilled Salmon Fillets2014-12-31
- Cuisine: American
Great for summer BBQ. This recipe serves 4
- 1 lb salmon fillets (skin on) Finfish, salmon, Atlantic, farmed, cooked, dry heat
- Lemon Dill Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh dill Spices, dill weed, fresh
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind Lemon peel, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
On plastic cutting board, slice salmon into 4 serving pieces. Remove ant bones which may remain with tweezers. Measure thickest part of fillet to determine cooking time.
Making marinade In bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Add fillets to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate up to 30 mins, in refrigerator,turning occasionally. Reserving marinade for basting; place fillets skin down in a greased grill 4-6 inches from medium hot heat. Grill fillets, basting frequently and using all the marinade for 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Turn fillets over halfway though cooking with a large metal spatula under and one overtop of each fillet. Cook fillets just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and flesh is opaque.