Marinated Asparagus Medley Salad2015-03-15
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 8
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus Asparagus, raw
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley, freshl
- 1/3 cup sliced black olive Olives, black
- 1/3 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimento, drained Pimento, canned
- 2 Tbs sliced green onions Onions, green, spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil Vegetable oil, canola
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar Vinegar, red wine
- 2 tsp lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 1 Tbs dried whole basil Spices, basil, ground
- 2 tsp coarsely ground pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 tsp dried whole oregano Spices, oregano, ground
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder Spices, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp season salt Salt, seasoned
- 1/4 tsp sugar Sugars, granulated
- Bibb lettuce Lettuce, butterhead (includes boston and bibb types), raw
- 16 Large cherry tomatoes, sliced Tomatoes, red, cherry, raw
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales with a vegetable peeler if desired. Cook asparagus, covered in boiling water for 6-8 mins. Drain. Place asparagus in a shallow dish, top with parseley, olives pimento and green onions. Set aside.
Combine oil and next 9 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly,and shake vigorously; pour marinade over asparagus. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Line plates with lettuce leaves. Remove asparagus-olive mixture from marinade; arrange on lettuce. Place sliced tomatoes on lettuce.