Spicy Hummus Dip2013-11-20
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Turkish and Middle Eastern
- Course: Appetizers and Snacks
- Skill Level: Easy
You will get raves for this spicy homemade Hummus
- 1 19 oz can Garbanzo beans
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs chopped bottled jalapeno pepper
Drain chick-peas reserving 1/4 cup of liquid. Rinse chick-peas under cold water; drain well.
In food processor puree together chick-peas. lemon juice, garlic, oil, cumin and hot pepper sauce, adding enough of the reserved liquid to reach soft spreadable consistency.
Transfer hummus to small serving bowl; sprinkle with chopped parsley and jalapeno pepper.