Sunshine Yogurt Muffins2012-08-20
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
We recently tried another muffin recipe from the Clinton St. Baking Company cookbook for our recent breakfast club at work. These were refreshing light muffins with a citrus pick me up. It was sort of like having a muffin and your orange juice all at one time. These were well received and we will make them again. For the breakfast club we made mini muffins. Enjoy!
1/2 Stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 large egg (room temperature)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp Fiori di Sicilia (King Arthur’s Flour) or
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp orange extract
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin tins or use paper muffin cups.
– In stand mixer bowl with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed
– Sift the remaining dry ingredients together into a medium bowl and whisk together.
– Add the egg to the butter mixture and blend until combined.
– Add 1/4 cup of the yogurt to the butter mixture, then half of the dry ingredients, mixing and repeating with the remaining yogurt and the remaining dry ingredients until the batter is combined. Be sure to end with the dry ingredients.
– Mix in the citrus juices, zests, and extracts until combined.
– Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling them to the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (18-20 minutes for mini muffins, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the a muffin comes out clean.
– Allow the muffins to cool 10 minutes while you make the glaze. Whisk together the juice adding 2/3 with the confectioners’ sugar. The glaze will come together in a thick paste and then loosen as the citrus breaks down the sugar. The glaze will be the consistency of evaporated milk. Add the remaining 1/3 juice slowly until you are happy with the consistency.
– Remove the warm muffins from the tins and either dip the muffin tops into the glaze and swirl until the top is evenly coated or spoon 1 tablespoon of glaze on top and spread evenly.